Snaking Rectangular Overflow Drains

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul E.

Reaction score
Is it possible to snake the rectangular overflow drains present on tubs like the Kohler Underscore?

I am considering using this tub for my bathroom, which is slab on grade, so I won't have access to the p trap from below, once the tub is installed. I like the looks of the rectangular overflow drain, but do not want to install something that will cause issues in the future.

Pictured below is the tub of choice at a neighbor's house.

kvIMqzr.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
pex going to tub spout as far as I know is really asking for trouble tell your freind right away.
Im not sure on the tile or whatever is going in but it looks a little odd? I guess thats just sitting there and tub actually is set after tile . I wouldnt copy what I see

Paul E.

Reaction score
Everything I've read on this website also leads me to believe that pex shouldn't be used between the valve and the tub spout — I am planning on using a piece of brass or copper into a threaded drop ear. My friend has hired a licensed plumber to handle all this work, so I would hope they have experience and know what works.

I will start looking at bathtubs with a round overflow drain.

Reach4

Reaction score
Pex to the tub spout is only bad if the shower will be controlled by a diverter on the spout. If the valve routes the water to the showerhead separately, no problem.