Setting up Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 T6 Pro thermostat with water radiant boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

TomEus

Reaction score
Hi, we have a hot water in floor radiant heating, powered by a Navien 250/200h boiler. Each zone is using Honeywell VC2714zz11/u actuater to activate the pump.

Previously we have been using the Emerson UP500W thermostats, wired up and setup by the install technician as following:

wires:
C - BLUE
W/E - BLACK
RH - RED
O/B - BROWN

and internally set to:

Outdoor Equipment Configuration: AC2 (Conventional cooling 2)
Indoor Equipment Configuration: EL2 (EL2 - Electric 2)
Reversing Value Position: 2 (Configuration for the default reversingvalve state. This is for the wire in the"O/B" terminal. This is relevant for heatpumps, zone valves, and zone panelsystems)

Obviously this does not match our system but it worked well for years

Now when I wire the T6 Pro the same and set it up correctly for boiler, hot water, 1 stage - the way I think it should be I am getting very strange behavior:

When the heat supposed to turn on and the actuator should open, it continuously opens and closes - never stops. I think this has something to do with the O/B wire, which supposed to be only used for heatpumps but I have no idea how to wire it differently. The manual says only use R 9power), W (Valve) and C (24V) but if I leave the O/B disconnected the actuator will not open at all.

Any suggestions on how to correctly wire these things together and setup correctly, please? I guess replacing a thermostat when the install was not done per the documentation is turning out to be much more complex.

Truly appreciate any help or pointers.
2024-01-30-21-33-12.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Im not sure this stat will work in heat pump mode is the only one that uses O/B. This valve needs power to open and close.
At stat.
Blue "C " to neutral of transformer and blue of valve (2)
Red to L of valve and hot of transformer (3)
Black to black of valve opens (6)
Brown to brown of valve closes (3)
Manual i used pages 3 & 4

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks