Setting up Honeywell TH6320ZW2003 T6 Pro thermostat with water radiant boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

TomEus

Reaction score
Hi, we have a hot water in floor radiant heating, powered by a Navien 250/200h boiler. Each zone is using Honeywell VC2714zz11/u actuater to activate the pump.

Previously we have been using the Emerson UP500W thermostats, wired up and setup by the install technician as following:

wires:
C - BLUE
W/E - BLACK
RH - RED
O/B - BROWN

and internally set to:

Outdoor Equipment Configuration: AC2 (Conventional cooling 2)
Indoor Equipment Configuration: EL2 (EL2 - Electric 2)
Reversing Value Position: 2 (Configuration for the default reversingvalve state. This is for the wire in the"O/B" terminal. This is relevant for heatpumps, zone valves, and zone panelsystems)

Obviously this does not match our system but it worked well for years

Now when I wire the T6 Pro the same and set it up correctly for boiler, hot water, 1 stage - the way I think it should be I am getting very strange behavior:

When the heat supposed to turn on and the actuator should open, it continuously opens and closes - never stops. I think this has something to do with the O/B wire, which supposed to be only used for heatpumps but I have no idea how to wire it differently. The manual says only use R 9power), W (Valve) and C (24V) but if I leave the O/B disconnected the actuator will not open at all.

Any suggestions on how to correctly wire these things together and setup correctly, please? I guess replacing a thermostat when the install was not done per the documentation is turning out to be much more complex.

Truly appreciate any help or pointers.
2024-01-30-21-33-12.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Im not sure this stat will work in heat pump mode is the only one that uses O/B. This valve needs power to open and close.
At stat.
Blue "C " to neutral of transformer and blue of valve (2)
Red to L of valve and hot of transformer (3)
Black to black of valve opens (6)
Brown to brown of valve closes (3)
Manual i used pages 3 & 4

Last edited: