pipe layout question?

Users who are viewing this thread

massivegalaxy

Reaction score
Hi
i have question about this pipe layout. now looking at picture on web you can't connection drain pipe to vent stack using wye cause it can suck the water out of the p trap. so you add sanitary tee to sawyer drain.
so is there problem adding 90 elbow then 2 inch straight pipe down then hook up with wye tee to sewer pipe?
here a diagram of what I'm taking about.

Attachments

• pipe drawing.jpg
    pipe drawing.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 16

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Yes there is a problem. That's worse than using a wye instead of a Santee. Why would you not use the proper fitting?

massivegalaxy

Reaction score
ah ok. because my dad 20 years was remodeling the bathroom and that how he hook up the bathtub drain part to vent stack. now we haven't use the tub at all in fact few years ago we got in put in but never used it. not all glue in. so it can be resigned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks