Older Washing Machine supply lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Robot17

Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks for any responses at this great forum.

I have leaky supply lines for my washing machine and the lines have chrome sleeves which refuse to come off. I thought they simply slide off or at least unscrew but I'm not really interested in forcing them. I thought maybe someone here could let me know how these are connected behind the wall.

I may cut out the drywall but I believe the nuts are loose under the sleeves and I can just tighten them a little to stop the slight leak.

Here is a picture of the valves:

washing machine valves.jpg

Thanks again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A picture of the handles will sometimes let us know what brand you have.
Sometimes like you say, snugging the bonnet nuts will stop the weep at the stem, and other times we replace the stem.
The chrome sleeves should unthread.

Robot17

Reaction score
A picture of the handles will sometimes let us know what brand you have.
Sometimes like you say, snugging the bonnet nuts will stop the weep at the stem, and other times we replace the stem.
The chrome sleeves should unthread.
Thanks all!! Here is the image of the faucet with handle.

washing machine valve-2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You may be able to replace washers and valve seats. I don't know if your valve has replaceable seats.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks