not 12" Unifit for new Aquia IV MS446 do they exist ?

Users who are viewing this thread

coelcanth

Reaction score
my new Aquia IV MS446 came with a strange design 12" Unifit part no. TSU48.12
the printed instructions Toto included says to purchase a TSU48.14 for my 14" rough-in

trouble is, no legitimate store shows them in stock or even lists them for sale.
the Toto USA parts website does not list any 10" or 14" unifits with the same SKU as in my TOTO instructions.
the unifit photos in their catalog do not match the tiny line drawings in my Toto instructions.
in fact, i have never seen any actual photograph of the TSU48.14 or 10... only the 12"

do they even exist ?

what is functionally different that the MS446 and ST446 Aquia IVs would use completely different unifit adapters ?

did Toto sell me a $900 toilet that is currently impossible to install ?

yes, proper included 12" TSU48.12
TSU48.12-296be06123a5cc041d65b6877f84aa97559d67aba5c90baca02e6fd68eb5719c.png

no, wrong 14" TSU08W.14
TSU08W.14-5b49bc58396a31a6ffb7c829447a07f2e2c7d1693fdfbbf7cd152614d9639e62.png

no, old style 14" completely different too short TSU01W.14R
TSU01W.14R_14_in_rough_in_main

SKW

Reaction score
my new Aquia IV MS446 came with a strange design 12" Unifit part no. TSU48.12
the printed instructions Toto included says to purchase a TSU48.14 for my 14" rough-in

trouble is, no legitimate store shows them in stock or even lists them for sale.
the Toto USA parts website does not list any 10" or 14" unifits with the same SKU as in my TOTO instructions.
the unifit photos in their catalog do not match the tiny line drawings in my Toto instructions.
in fact, i have never seen any actual photograph of the TSU48.14 or 10... only the 12"

do they even exist ?

what is functionally different that the MS446 and ST446 Aquia IVs would use completely different unifit adapters ?

did Toto sell me a $900 toilet that is currently impossible to install ?

yes, proper included 12" TSU48.12
TSU48.12-296be06123a5cc041d65b6877f84aa97559d67aba5c90baca02e6fd68eb5719c.png

no, wrong 14" TSU08W.14
TSU08W.14-5b49bc58396a31a6ffb7c829447a07f2e2c7d1693fdfbbf7cd152614d9639e62.png

no, old style 14" completely different too short TSU01W.14R
TSU01W.14R_14_in_rough_in_main
I'm looking for the same adapter. The one we ordered is the old style and doesn't work. 12" that came with the toilet is the TSU48.12 model but can't find the TSU48.14. I also couldn't find it on the Toto parts site. Any luck finding these?

coelcanth

Reaction score
hi Jeff,

if you could find me a stockist that has the actual TSU48.14 in stock now I would be very grateful.

Toto USA does not have any on hand and they estimate 10-15 weeks to arrive stateside.
plumbersstock shows the 10" with an 8 week back order but no 14" at all. the only website (decorplanet) that lists the TSU48W.14 changes the price on you when you click on it and only shows a line drawing of the part rather than a photo of the real thing. I have a feeling they don't actually have any either.

also Toto tech support has informed me that the older TSU08W.14 unifit is not compatible with this new style bowl.
(part no. CT446CEGNT4C [N is for New ?]) not sure exactly but they said the dimensions are different.

seems like Toto is selling toilets that they say fit 14" rough-in without providing the actual parts to make it fit.
so now i have a toilet that i won't be able to install for three months.
their very helpful suggestion was to install the toilet now with 12" adapter, then uninstall and reinstall one more time when the right adapter is finally available.

I am about to start cutting apart these PVC unifits and see if I can glue a custom one together.

Andrew8826

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation - did you ever find a place selling the TSU48.14? And if not, how did your attempt at modification go?

coelcanth

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation - did you ever find a place selling the TSU48.14? And if not, how did your attempt at modification go?
no one selling the TSU48.14 yet

i half tried to modify one but unbonded or cutting the PVC started to look pretty difficult. I was amazed to see on another thread that in Japan they provide the unifit as a parts to be assembled at home for a fully custom fit. that would solve so many headaches !

right now I have sourced an older Aquia bowl and older unifit that i hope will work with the new model Aquia tank that i have. Toto tech support says they are not compatible, but i can't see any reason why. I will try to return the new Aquia bowl to home depot if i can to recoup some cost.

fyi, the bowls and adapters between old and new models are all different and incompatible. the new bowl is slightly shorter, has a larger water spot and different trapway shape to fit a rather different unifit.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Rubenstein Supply in Oakland CA has three (TSU48.14) in stock at the moment. Showing my price at $116.
I personally refuse to install the Aquia and Nexus because the PLASTIC floor mounting block/brackets are pieces of junk. And I'm not a fan of small water spots either.

Andrew8826

Reaction score
no one selling the TSU48.14 yet

i half tried to modify one but unbonded or cutting the PVC started to look pretty difficult. I was amazed to see on another thread that in Japan they provide the unifit as a parts to be assembled at home for a fully custom fit. that would solve so many headaches !

right now I have sourced an older Aquia bowl and older unifit that i hope will work with the new model Aquia tank that i have. Toto tech support says they are not compatible, but i can't see any reason why. I will try to return the new Aquia bowl to home depot if i can to recoup some cost.

fyi, the bowls and adapters between old and new models are all different and incompatible. the new bowl is slightly shorter, has a larger water spot and different trapway shape to fit a rather different unifit.
It seems these are finally available, I received mine earlier this week. There are likely multiple places that have them in stock, but I ordered mine from decorplanet.

coelcanth

Reaction score
looks like they did finally start shipping these
anyway, i won't get one..

I ended up using an older model Aquia bowl (without the huge washlet hole) and older 14" unifit with the new (N in model number) Aquia IV tank.
Toto said they are not compatible, but they seem to be flushing together just fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks