NobleSeal CIS Crack Isolation Video - History and Installation Overview

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
NobleSeal CIS resource Links.

Eric - eric@noblecompany.com

This is my top recommendation for shower pans, crack isolation and steam showers. The perfect membrane choice for your ACO shower drain installation!

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
A NobleSeal TS installation video

In this video the use of EXT is not permitted for steam shower builds. NobleSeal TS and CIS are the same products but different sizes. The CIS has no seaming tabs and these little guys are the only think I do not like about NobleSeal TS. Given the choice between CIS and TS I would use CIS every time.

Unless of course there is to much waste.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Video Review Notes.

The video above also showcases a lapped corner. This is something I do not agree with. I would be much happier seeing the pre-made factory inside corners or a folded corner to be even safer.

The video also shows a Noble Curb. I prefer custom concrete or brick curbs myself.

One more tie bit - I prefer leaving the dry side face of my curbs not waterproofed.....

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Questions on Installing NobleSeal TS

"I’m using Nobleseal TS for shower. I’m comfortable with the modified thinset between membrane and tile, but are you also comfortable with using it between CBU and TS? If so, do you allow it to cure longer than you would for say a non-modified Kerdi thin set?" - Aaron

Aaron signed up to view my private photo albums a couple months back while searching out shower construction blog pages. Today I got this email from him and he asked the question above.

Here is what I wrote back.

"The real secret I think is getting a modified thin-set that has a fine texture.
Something like Ardex X32 or Grani Rapid can be very hard to work with.
I like KeraBond/KeraLastic combo. Laticrete 254. Ardex X5. to name a few choices.
Have you picked your grout colour yet? Do you know what thin-set your are setting the wall tile with?
Keep it all in the same family.
I also like to tape my concrete board seams after it’s installed and also scratch coat and flat trowel the entire wall. Not to build up the thin-set but to seal the tiny pores. This also I find slows the hydration down of the backer board when you are installing NobleSeal TS.
If you are not building a steam shower you could use Noble EXT.

As for dry times I give my installs two days before
vacuuming.

Good Luck
." - JW

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Brown

Reaction score
other than the indian link, the other information for MYSELF is helpful, but i cannot trust that link as HJ says it maybe a "Hack" Link :/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks