Kohler Mastershower 3/4 Thermostatic Valve K-2975-KS - no cold water???

Users who are viewing this thread

barbap

Reaction score
Hi! We recently had a Kohler Mastershower 3/4" Thermostatic Valve installed (K-2975-KS), and upon testing, we could only get hot water -- switching to cold only gave us lukewarm 104 degree water. The service stops are definitely turned on, and we don't have water pressure issues. I called up Kohler and they sent me a replacement cartridge, and that didn't change a thing.

Kohler then told me that these thermostatic valves do not ever allow cold water! That water is always tempered to be 80% hot / 20% cold! Nowhere in any online description, spec sheet, or manual does it say this -- and Kohler could not produce any documentation for me. I feel lied to, and certainly would have bought a different valve if I had known that cold water was impossible to deliver. The valve wasn't cheap, and neither was install.

I called up salespeople in Kohler stores and counters at plumbing supply shops, and none of them had ever heard of this issue. I Googled online and found only one person in a review complaining about not getting pure cold water. Terry Love pros, with all of your wisdom, could you tell me whether tempered water coming from a thermostatic valve is standard? Can something be calibrated to get this valve to produce cold water?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Funny story, but I was attempting to justify the temperature in a Delta thermostatic valve the other day and didn't notice that the cartridge was installed backwards and I'm sure I ruined it. I got the replacement and installed it correctly and justified the handle to have max output of 120. But then when I went to adjust it to Cold, I found that it would only get to about 95

I guess "Go take a cold shower" is a saying from the past now.

Chrisby

Reaction score
I just had same issue. I removed cold water stop to make sure water was coming out, then reinstalled. Then, with hot water feed valve off, I removed stop on handle and turned valve until cold water came out. With both water supplies back on, I then recalibrated to make sure temps were within reason. Hope this helps.