Is it possible to manually/physically control valves on Fleck 7000sxt?

Users who are viewing this thread

WellOff

Reaction score
Circuit board on my 7100sxt is dead and I'm wondering whether I can manually/physically operate the valves in order to limp along until I get a replacement board. This unit has been operating for 8 years without a single problem.

This video seems to suggest that I might be able to do so (it's Dittohead's video about rebuilding):

Reach4

Reaction score
Interesting. So it would look like you could turn the hex CCW with a six-point socket.

I was wondering if there was some action needed to isolate the drive gearing from the motor, but it looks like that is not needed.

Service manual P/N 42775 Rev. D gives larger pictures than the newer 42775 Rev F. Same info I think, but saving paper on the printed version.

I am not a pro, and I have not ever tried this.

WellOff

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking. I suppose that I can try it, making sure that nothing is feeling like it's giving much resistance (not wanting to have more broken parts than I already have!).

I have that manual. Looks like counterclockwise to first "B" (backwash) then to second "B" (backwash) and then "R" (rapid rinse) and then back to "SF" (service) ought to do it!

I'll follow up here as to how it all goes.

NOTE: The power supply, which I was initially expecting to be the culprit, read out at 29v. These are rated at 24v volts. I'm wondering whether this is OK or not.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have that manual. Looks like counterclockwise to first "B" (backwash) then to second "B" (backwash) and then "R" (rapid rinse) and then back to "SF" (service) ought to do it!
You skipped some steps. You want brine position (same as slow rinse) for about 60 minutes. The brine position is when the brine is being slowly sucked out, and once that brine is gone, the ball on the air check closes. Then the rest of the minutes are called slow rinse where the bolus of brine goes slowly through the resin, and then gets slowly rinsed away with slow laminar flow.

Also you need brine fill, but you could just do that with a bucket instead of going to brine fill for x number of minutes.

WellOff

Reaction score
My unit isn't configured for softening, no brine. Interestingly, the manual that I have and the online manuals don't show the same gear drive mechanism that I have. Mine only has "S", "B" and "R". I cannot run too long of cycles because I am using a contact tank and I cannot overrun that: I am set up to run every couple of days at 3 minutes backwash and 3 minutes rinse- this has worked perfectly well for me for our use. Anyway...

Happy to report that a manual/physical operation of the valves is readily doable. Hard to read the silly pointers and all, so one has to really look closely.

WellOff

Reaction score
Following up to conclude...

My filter is a Filter only. The valve only has "S" for service, "B" for backwash and "R" for rinse.

New circuit board was installed and programmed and I'm back in business.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks