Install Euro faucet in canada Adapter needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

TheliquidGuy

Reaction score
I am trying to install a Euro standard tub faucet here in canada but It requires a BSP threaded female adapter to be solder onto my american copper pipes.

First. I think the faucet’s BSP threaded male adapter is considered to be 1/2” (I am not sure why since i cannot find any dimension on it that actually measures 1/2”). So do i need to search for a 1/2” female threaded BSP adapter?

Second, what size do i need on the soldering side of the adapter? Will a british 15mm end fit onto my 1/2” US standard copper inlets (1/2” ID, 5/8” OD) ? It’s difficult to know because british/euro standard is metric and also i am not sure how the brits determine the measurements (ID? OD? Something else?). Are copper fittings even made to be compatible internationally?

Last, Is it likey i could find a store locally that my carry exotic fittings like this? If not i would settle for an online store that could get it to me in less than week or so (i need to shower soon ).

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks