How to support bend in 1-1/4" Uponor PEX-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Timmed

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm replacing the line between my well casing and well tank, planning to use 1.25" Uponor PEX. The pipe comes up through the floor of the garage, and I'm hoping to bend it from the trench up through the floor rather than using a 90 degree elbow. My trench is like 24 inches deep, so making the radius shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure how to support the bend. I have heard of people using conduit, but what does that mean? Do they mean metallic conduit, insert the PEX into it, and then bend it with a bender tool? Or is it the grey PVC conduit and you force the PEX through a with pre-formed 90 degree piece? That sounds like a pain.

Appreciate any advice. I'm not a pro, just a homeowner, but have entirely re-piped my house with Uponor, so a fair amount of experience with 1", 3/4" and 1/2" PEX.

Thanks, Tim

Timmed

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne, I didn't realize they made 90's with that large of a radius, I'm only seeing the stuff on the rack at Home Depot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks