How to keep spray cleaner from freezing?

Users who are viewing this thread

seann

In the Trades
Reaction score
I clean a lot of drains. So I keep spray cleaner in my van to use for cleaning up area afterwards. Problem is it's winter time and my spray cleaners will freeze solid in my van and are unusable.
Besides bringing them into my house every night. Are any particular cleaners that will not freeze? I thought about trying to add rubbing alcohol to mix in with the cleaner to see if that works, but a little worried about the safety of mixing the other chemicals with rubbing alcohol.
Do you have a method that works for you?

seann

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could run and extension cord in your van with a heater. Or heat tape your cleaners.
Lol, that's a little more excessive than I'm looking for, but thanks. Plus it would still freeze during the day when I'm out and about. I did just run across a post on another forum a little bit ago where another guy was having the same issue. He claimed that he started using automotive windshield washer fluid as an all purpose cleaner. He claimed that it works as well as regular houshold cleaners and does not freeze, so I think I may give that a try.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks