Gerber Flushmate back flush problem

Users who are viewing this thread

philrx7

Reaction score
I have a Gerber Flushmate series 503 model M-101526-F3, about 1-2 years old toilet. It's water level is very low, barely filling the opening. When flushes, water shoots back up the hole and settles back down. Been working great till now, how do I diagnose this?

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
Sounds like you have a venting/drain-line issue. Does this happen all the time, occasionally, frequently, etc.? Was the water level in the bowl adequate until recently or has it always been like that? Will pouring a bucket of water into the bowl "flush" it and refill it?

Something is amiss... :confused:

philrx7

Reaction score
I contacted Sloan and was advised that the problem was probably due to something clogging the small jet hole in front which redirected the water inflow upwards instead of straight across and into the trap. Was advised to use a small brush such as a baby bottle brush to clean this jet hole out.

I did this with a 6" long about 2" thick baby bottle brush and it didn't help. Called Sloan back but they were closed. Tried it again more vigorously a few hours later and it worked. Whatever was catching in there must be quite small as I couldn't tell if anything came out. The seeming back flushing was simply due to a misdirected water inlet jet stream caused by something blocking that little jet opening.

Glad the fix was simple as I understand these pressure assisted units can't really be fixed. Have to say this system is quite powerful and flushes everything.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks