Georgia plumbing - DIYing our house

Users who are viewing this thread

slayvus

Reaction score
We're in the process of building our first house and to save costs we're DIYing our plumbing and electrical.

This is a two story house in the Georgia area, rural, but do have a building inspector so codes need followed. The second floor plumbing is done, still accessible for changes if need be. The vertical stack is 3" pipe and will be connected to a 4" main using long sweeps 4 4 3 fittings. The lavatories will have AAVs underneath the sink counters and connect to a vertical stack of 2". The washing machine will come into the side of this vertical stack and will have an AAV in the wall with an access grill. As shown in the drawing, these will empty into the back end of the 4".

Will we need a vent coming off the tub drain between the p trap and the elbow under the toilet?

What's going to be the best way to connect the tub and toilet to the 3" for the first floor? It will be connecting to the left side 3".

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_220444_(753_x_1000_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20240307_220444_(753_x_1000_pixel).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 41

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wouldnt use that side inlet 90 i seen stuff like that on old plumbing but never have I ever used one or seen it used in plastic.
How about a 3 inch santee on the 3 inch drain stack and a 3x3x1 1/2 santee on top of that and wet vent the tub ? AAVs all over the place whatever if thats what you like meets your code for the rest of the vents.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Don't know about IPC, but under UPC the second floor laundry/toilet connection won't pass/is illegal. Toilet trap arm cannot have any fixture tie in before it's vent, side inlet 1/4 bends are prohibited in drainage system, OK in vent system. Laundry should tie in with a 3x2 Santee beneath the toilet tee.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
3x3x1 1/2 santee on top of the w/c santee below that the laundry ties in. Id never concider that 100 yearold tub connection I seen stuff like that from the 1920s and 30s it be intersting to hear if any codes allow it but Im not looking

slayvus

Reaction score
Well I have no formal plumbing education, I'm just trying to base the installation on if water runs past this will it pull water out of the trap? I knew that the 3x3x2 side I let didn't look right to me, but I didn't know it was illegal to drain into the toilet arm before the vent.

I've cut that out and we're putting we are going to put 3x3x3 tee with 2" side inlet in the vertical stack and tie the tubs in that way.

We haven't installed or glued in the pieces yet, so if someone would let me know if this is legal or best practice that would be helpful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks