dwv fitting not properly seated

Users who are viewing this thread

willgrab

Reaction score
I had a plumbing contractor install under ground dwv for a new build but had several leaks which i think are all repaired. my concern is over a fitting that was replaced mid run, buried except for 4' section, by forcing the 3" pipe up enough to install a coupling. by my logic there is no way the pipe and fitting would be seated to full depth. In a sewer application is this a problem or am i worried for nothing? Thank you

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
poor workmanship can be a problem fittings not bottomed out is not good. from here it looks fine so I dont have an opinion on your particular build, it would be easy to tell you rip it out . if its outside and not that deep I wouldnt worry.

willgrab

Reaction score
poor workmanship can be a problem fittings not bottomed out is not good. from here it looks fine so I dont have an opinion on your particular build, it would be easy to tell you rip it out . if its outside and not that deep I wouldnt worry.
i wish it was outside, but no, it's under slab (not there yet) and right in future kitchen!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
in that case cut it out use a coupling similar to a no hub called a shielded coupling. just one of those things take a chance or dont