Dry Vent Only

Users who are viewing this thread

FloridaArcadia

Reaction score
While I know I have the option of doing wet venting given some circumstances I need to do dry venting for some of my fixtures (mostly WC) while preparing for that I realized I can do dry venting for every single fixture. While I know it would be more work and more pipes and fittings and possible more ventilations/penetrations in my roof, if I don't tie them together, I have no problem with a higher cost or higher labor that this incurs.

So if we remove the issue of labor and cost for this approach, would having each fixture tied to the main trunk (4" pipe) with its own vent any issues? I have a main trunk that goes thru the center of the house and will branch with a long wye to each fixture and have a 2" vent going up between a wall and then to the fixture drain (WC, bathtub and sink(single one)) I know that I don't need 2" for the sink but I have it on hand already so I can use 2" for that as well. For the single sink the same vent that goes up it would be the vent pipe from the trap up.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
They can be all tied together in the attic. Most homes will not exceed 20 fixtures for a 2" vent. You do not have to add more roof vents but if you do there is code requirements on its location. Any vertical vent must be at least 6" above the flood stage of the fixture before turning 90º. My home in Orange County has one roof vent near the washing machine stack and about 5 AAV's at the kitchen and bathroom sinks.

FloridaArcadia

Reaction score
Yeah, I won't have any 90's until they get to the ceiling so that is covered and no I have no more than 20 fixtures in the entire home, I think, so I should be good, I will have a 2" vent per fixture anyway and then tie all, or most of them, together in the attic and have the least amount of penetrations possible. thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate it!.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks