Draining into cast iron clean out

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikemikemike13

Reaction score
I have cast iron under slab in my basement with a whole house trap and then a clean out right before it exits my house. I plan on discharging my sump into the clean out. Something like this:

IMG_6589.jpeg

Would this cause any issues being right after the whole house trap? Should I vent it?

Also, is there anyway I can make an auxiliary stack for a future bathroom above, or is the (what I assume) san tee going to be a problem?
IMG_6603.jpeg
(Bottom of clean out)
IMG_6605.jpeg
(Clean out)
IMG_6604.jpeg
(House trap)

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have no experience with whole house traps in our area, but so long as the cleanout is maintained I don't think it would present a problem.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never have worked with house traps . I would guess sumps and ejectors are tied upstream of a house trap?
I also am curious if house traps are mandatory in your area or optional and they are there simply because at one time they were required ? perhaps today they are or arent recomended I dont know.
Using the clean out to drain a future bathroom I would expect could be an issue if you connected vents together on the 2 systems , it might cause issue with AHJ.
Personaly I dont know enough to recomend connecting a pump on that side or bypassing the trap for a bathroom addition in future. for all i know it might still be required to use a house trap in some places