Dirt in brine tank/settings after power loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Akrio

Reaction score
Was checking the salt levels in my brine tank the other day and noticed some dirt/discolouration, is this anything I should be concerned about? Or pretty typical? First photo is from 6/22. I checked again today and it seems a bit more normal.

Other question is does the 5600SXT controller save settings with loss of power? I lost power a few days ago and went to reset everything and the time seemed to be accurate (time was only 5min off) along with the settings I changed when setting up the softener.

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 143

Reach4

Reaction score
Was checking the salt levels in my brine tank the other day and noticed some dirt/discolouration, is this anything I should be concerned about? Or pretty typical? First photo is from 6/22. I checked again today and it seems a bit more normal.
Depends on how much salt has been run through.
Salt level is low. Usually you want some salt above the liquid line, but maybe you are letting the salt get used up. In that case, I would stir the brine between regens to avoid stratification.

Other question is does the 5600SXT controller save settings with loss of power? I lost power a few days ago and went to reset everything and the time seemed to be accurate (time was only 5min off) along with the settings I changed when setting up the softener.
Time will stay going for a time. ("a minimum of 48 hours ") The time will blink to let you know the power was out for a while. Just quickly poke the up or down button to stop the blinking.

Other settings are remembered, even through a long period where the time is totally not right. Just use the arrow buttons to set the time, being mindful of AM/PM if in 12 hour mode.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Salt can be very dirty, fairly normal. Clean the salt tank every couple of years, nothing to worry about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks