DARYL shower hardware fitted properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Rudodo

Reaction score
I hired a plumber to replace the old steel lines and convert to copper when doing a remodel as the walls were already down. and the shower valve needed to come out anyways.
When re-plumbing the shower, the spigot for the faucet was set flush to the studs. My error in not double checking his measurements. He did have all the shower hardware when he was doing his work and I assumed.

Fast forward 4 weeks. I did the work for the cement board (1/2"), waterproofing and tile (w mortar 1/2"). This makes it so the face of the tile is now a total of about 1 inch from the spigot. The faucet I purchased from amazon has a male end of only .75 inch. The faucet adapter can't reach the spigot. What do I do? Are there adapters out there that are commonly used. I have been to a handful of hardware stores including plumbing specific stores and no one has a decent solution.

daryl-tub-spout-02.jpg

This was offered at the plumbing store but it would make the faucet way too long: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Bluefin..._YqV4V_F24ScwuFEz2yxOutg22s6-QcxoCbxoQAvD_BwE

brass-extension-for-spout.jpg

I was thinking maybe something like this but it might need a trimming: https://www.supplyhouse.com/FPPI-08...IAfczm6Ce0WBWCKVeMy48EkjMUcPbdfxoC3T8QAvD_BwE

nipple-extension.jpg

A 1" adapter is too long by a small amount. I worry if I trim an adapter that the male end wont meet the taper properly and will leak in the future.

Any feedback would be helpful

daryl-tub-spout-01.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The second choice looks too short on threads at the female end. Is there a wall behind the valve body for access?

Rudodo

Reaction score
The second choice looks too short on threads at the female end. Is there a wall behind the valve body for access?
The wall behind it is another tiled up bathroom shower unfortunately. I'm considering breaking the tile and concrete board as a last resort since there are 2 spigots with this issue.

What I have noticed is that the male end of the hardware only gets .3 inches or so in before hitting the taper and stopping. The female end of the extension looks that long I think.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks