Central oil heater chimney

Users who are viewing this thread

paulmars

Reaction score
For reasons unrelated to the oll heater, Id like to move its chimney from venting thru the roof to going out the side of the garage wall. This will involve making the pipe longer and much of that increase will involve the pipe traveling horizontal.

I know that i will need to readjust the barometric damper afterwards.

Any other concerns or things that i should know?

tks,
pa

paulmars

Reaction score
the original bryant install paperwork gives no info on exhaust. I asked them and they said that I need to ask my authorized dealer.

The original beckett paper work actually gives more info. Like 1/4" rise for every 12", might need an exhaust fan to pull the exhaust out, if exhausting to out side of building, it's better to have the combustion air intake going thru the same wall to balance the unit. that last one I really dont understand and would rather leave the intake in the garage.

How would that exhaust fan effect setting the damper?

pa

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Got a model number for that Bryant?

What is the gpm on the nozzle for that Beckett?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks