Boiler does not fire up intermittently

Users who are viewing this thread

4EverNovice

Reaction score
I have the following condition:

When the thermostat or hot water tank calls for heat, the circulator pump would turn on, but the boiler would not fire up. The pilot light is lit. I would have to turn the system off via shut-off switch, and when I turn it on, everything will work as it should.

This first happened in May of 2021. It has since happened once a month since October. I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

It is a three zone hydronic heating system running on a Weil-McLain gold CGa gas-fired water boiler. It is controlled by a Taco 3 Zone Switching Relay w/ Priority SR503-EXP-4. The switching replay was replaced in August.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
My office is 4 blocks from Yonkers as we are in Riverdale

Shut the boiler switch and wait 3 minutes then turn it back on it should reset the circulator and main flame

4EverNovice

Reaction score
Shutting the boiler switch does indeed reset the boiler and it was fire up as intended. My question is what can I do to investigate why this is happening

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I try not to give to much technical advice because of the liability. I try to keep it as simple as possible and just to get your service back on line . . .Good luck

Fitter30

Reaction score
Boiler should have a burner control with a blinking lite when a failure occurs. Label or wiring diagram should have for the blinking lite.