basin of sink hold water

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I noticed that a majority of our sinks hold a very small amount of water in the basin next to the drain. This causes them to rust.
Is this common, and is there anything I should consider when trying to resolve this?

Attachments

• IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3020.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 52

Reach4

Reaction score
I would not expect those to rust, as such, because they would not be made of iron/steel. You could try taking a strong magnet to those areas. Usually I would expect them to be non-magnetic.

The iron deposits must be coming from elsewhere, such as your well or your galvanized piping. I would use a little Iron Out powder, and a small amount of water, to get rid of the rust deposits.

I think your main point was asking about the water pooling, and how common that is.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It is either a drain fitting so cheap junk. OR a crappy cast iron or steel sink, expect rust.
Normal flanges are non corroding material.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks