Basement washing machine standpipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
Does this look okay for a basement washing machine standpipe?

1.jpg

Last edited:

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
I will also be installing a utility sink with pump and I'm not clear on whether the pump should empty into the standpipe or be plumbed in with fittings.

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does this look okay for a basement washing machine standpipe?
The minimum standpipe height is 18" above the trap weir, do you have that much? The trap weir is the height at which water starts spilling out of the trap on the downstream side.

https://up.codes/viewer/new_york/ny-plumbing-code-2020/chapter/8/indirect-special-waste#802.4.3

As to the sink pump, not sure what the answer is, whether that vertical is a reasonable place to tie into, and if so whether a wye or a san-tee would be preferable (although I suspect a wye would be). What make and model of pump?

Cheers, Wayne

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
The minimum standpipe height is 18" above the trap weir, do you have that much? The trap weir is the height at which water starts spilling out of the trap on the downstream side.

https://up.codes/viewer/new_york/ny-plumbing-code-2020/chapter/8/indirect-special-waste#802.4.3

As to the sink pump, not sure what the answer is, whether that vertical is a reasonable place to tie into, and if so whether a wye or a san-tee would be preferable (although I suspect a wye would be). What make and model of pump?

Cheers, Wayne

I did find the 18" above trap weir minimum requirement. Would 24" (or any longer amount) be better?

Not sure how to determine if plumbing the pump directly into a tee (or wye) or via an open air gap into the same open standpipe as the washing machine drains would be better?

The pump is the "Simer 2925B Self-Contained Above-Floor Corrosion-Resistant Sump/Laundry Sink Pump"

Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks