Advice on removing whole house filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Turaco

Reaction score
We moved into a new house a few months ago and have noticed the water pressure is garbage. If you run water out of any appliance or sink, the water everywhere else slows to nearly a trickle. There is a whole-house filtration system: Aqua-Pure™ AP903. I'm assuming this needs to be changed (the previous owners did very little maintenance, so this could be a very old filter) and that's part of why the pressure is so weak. However, they're out of stock everywhere. AND there is no filter bypass built in. Can I simply take the AP903 off? I think the water quality in my area is fine. Is there a valve I could replace the AP903 with that would in itself act as a bypass? I'd appreciate any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks