Advice for Adding Flexible Supply to Existing Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

lowlight21

Reaction score
New to the forum with a DIY question. I am in the middle of installing a Watts recirculating pump in my house which requires the installation of a new check valve (link to valve) at the sink furthest from my water heater. My sink plumbing is all copper, including a 3/8 soft copper riser from the shutoff valve to the faucet (I believe this copper line is physically part of the faucet so I can't easily replace the supply line). I would like to incorporate flexible lines between this existing soft copper supply line and the check valve. Can I just use a flex line with a 3/8 compression to put a flex line in between this copper and the new check valve? Am I missing an obviously better/easier idea? Thanks in advance for any assistance here!

P.S. I am first replacing these two shutoff valves that are leaking, and will then address installation of the check valve and making the supply line connections.

My existing undersink plumbing:
IMG_3263.jpg

Sample of how the check valve is plumbed:
71HkdrczIBL.jpg

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
that device is not a check valve by the way. in fact it mixes hot and cold so your water will be very warm/hot when you first open the tap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks