5600 sxt running to drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin peralta

Reaction score
Have charge iron breaker 3 that used 5600sxt, it is just running a steady stream to drain.

replaced spacers and washers as well as piston. No longer effects water pressure of the whole if it’s on but it’s constantly running to drain and the water stinks of rust and is staining

the piston I am replacing was green now it is white. Thoughts

many thoughts on next step.

Last edited:

Kevin peralta

Reaction score
was the old cap Green or are you referring to the Teflon coating on the piston itself? If the cap, then you have gotten a piston for another valve model.

He is trying to say they are the same.

Attachments

• 5FAB1A88-BB61-4A77-AC60-A3B9F87B1459.jpeg
    5FAB1A88-BB61-4A77-AC60-A3B9F87B1459.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 055DF661-AF42-472E-A453-69A1674BEBF9.jpeg
    055DF661-AF42-472E-A453-69A1674BEBF9.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 97B03845-1CBF-4A54-AD10-D0BD08C3B15F.jpeg
    97B03845-1CBF-4A54-AD10-D0BD08C3B15F.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 78EC2C6F-3585-4181-B11F-79F0D4E7BA79.jpeg
    78EC2C6F-3585-4181-B11F-79F0D4E7BA79.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 167

Reach4

Reaction score
How about a side-view photo of all 3 with the lens about 1.5 inches / 4 cm above the table, with the bottoms on the table as they are in the first of the 4 photos? Ideally the pistons would be fairly far from the lens.

I understand this picture is highly imperfect, but it looks to me as if the green-top piston has a wider middle gap. I stretched/compressed the 2 small rectangles horizontally to try to get the top and bottoms of the Teflon part to line up.

img_2.jpg

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
The colour of the piston coating is irrelevant as Fleck utilize multiple manufacturers to make pistons so the coating colour can change.
In North America, the Green cap identifies a down-flow piston for a Fleck 5600 digital control valve (SXT or SE).

The White cap identifies a down-flow softener piston for a Fleck 5600 mechanical control valve.

You said yours is an SXT.

As an Iron Breaker, it will use air to assist the oxidation of ferrous iron, converting it to ferric iron. To draw in the air, a softener valve is used to draw in air instead of brine.

He is trying to say they are the same.
Are multiple people using the same screen name?

Last edited:

Al Garrido

Reaction score
The colour of the piston coating is irrelevant as Fleck utilize multiple manufacturers to make pistons so the coating colour can change.

In North America, the Green cap identifies a down-flow piston for a Fleck 5600 digital control valve (SXT or SE).

The White cap identifies a down-flow softener piston for a Fleck 5600 mechanical control valve.

You said yours is an SXT.

As an Iron Breaker, it will use air to assist the oxidation of ferrous iron, converting it to ferric iron. To draw in the air, a softener valve is used to draw in air instead of brine.

Are multiple people using the same screen name?

I also have the digital SXT model. Can you still use the whitecap piston which is the piston for the mechanical timer?

I already purchased it and only now realized about the green cap but I don’t wanna go through the hassle of returning if it can be used. Are use my softener only for water Softing not for filtering.

if not can I just reuse the old piston. nothing apparently wrong with it as it looks perfectly fine. The reason I’m replacing my seals is because after the softener regenerates the water in the house is salty until I run the water for a minute or also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks