Fleck 5600 SXT Downflow 12 x48 tank 2 cubic(64k grains) resin installed in 08.

Users who are viewing this thread

Srwa

Reaction score
Replaced the resin, control valve assy. piston, spacers, seals, brine valve cam, and main drive gear. The old piston has a green top, new piston has a green top. Checked the part #,s in my book against new part numbers. Matched.

When the plate over the piston was completely screwed down piston was very hard to move. Screw the plate down within 1/8 in. piston was "easier" to move, But, leaked. Have removed piston,seals,& spacers several times, lube up and replaced all. Still hard to move.

Well today began a manual regeneration. Everything going well thru the BW & BR cycles, then when the rapid rinse(RR) was the timer display the gears had not advanced, still in the BR cycle. So after a couple minutes I manually advanced the timer by turning the brine valve cam one click at a time until the gears were in the position that matched the diagram in the book. Went thru the cycle until in came to the RR cycle. Same thing happened.

Discussed with Robert at Pentair. Said that the piston was probably binding or the motor has lost some of it's torque. Also said that I wasn't supposed to manually move the gears.....probably right but got away with it this time.

Am open to thoughts, suggestions,etc.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Did you apply a coating of the recommended food grade silicone lubricant to the seals, piston and 'O' rings during assembly?

The recommended lubricants include Dow Release Compound 7 or Chemplex 862.

Here is a link to Pentair's instruction video. The stuffer tool is not mandatory for rebuilding a 5600 valve.

Last edited:

Srwa

Reaction score
"Did you apply a coating of the recommended food grade silicone lubricant to the seals, piston and 'O' rings during assembly"

I did not,but, I will.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks