Search results

1. L

Another settings post 5600sxt

Gotcha. Nah it specifically says water softener salt on the bag. I will say a few months ago before really researching I did think I could use just a bag of salt I throw on the walk during winter...
  2. L

Right on I'll move to pellets. Using my local hardware store (do it best branded salt) as its just so close compared to everything else. I do have a TSC nearby as well. Can i mix some pellets with the current crystals and then just use pellets from here on out? Rather do that and load it up than...
  3. L

Do pellets vs crystals matter? Can you combine them if I were to buy pellets and toss them on top of the crystals? I bought 2 bags of crystals and did the initial regeneration as stated in the manual. The water level is above the salt now but I can add more. I was wondering in this case how to...
  4. L

Plumber said 12GPG is not hard enough for softener, could cause damage?

@Bannerman You're a hero on here. So Im not sure of the Brine flow rate is as I'm digging into the manual this weekend. This is the unit if you're interested and I understand the risk with online vendors, its all we could afford atm and the wife basically demanded a softener sooner than later...
  5. L

His answer was the sodium will cause build up and the copper to fail
  6. L

Finally getting around to having the fleck 5600sxt installed. Had one plumber say that anything below 10gpg would cause damage/corrosion to copper pipes. Isn't this info outdated? He was suggesting a $350 big box store unit that is just a filter to get rid of the build up on our appliances and...
  7. L

Is there a chart or guide to programming fleck unit?

I've got the math all worked out. I see some posts where senior members are posting settings for others. Ive never used one of these but I figured Id just set my hardness level and then when I want it to regenerate measured in total GPG? Is it that easy or is there more to it? I can google some...
  8. L

Check my math on sizing please

3.5 person household, municipal water, hardness level 10GPG according to Hach 5-B, thought this would be much higher, it definitely feels like it. Iron basically non-existent according to strip test. Usage: So apparently we don't use much water at all compared to standard Americans. My past 4...
  9. L

How do you feel about the Aquasure Harmony series?

Any way you guys can recommend some retailers?
  10. L

How do you feel about the Aquasure Harmony series?

My home: 4 people, city water, no hardness test completed yet I'm seeing people state this is essentially a fleck unit with an upgraded or more intuitive control head, fleck parts are interchangeable etc... They seem a good value compared to others which is usually a red flag, I was looking...
  11. L

Is there a sticky? Newbie questions

I found a online store with the Hach test in stock. I'm still scratching my head with the whole GPG/PPM and then flow. Ive read the guide from aquatell and while it is informative it still doesn't give me a formula to use. Ive seen the efficiency chart posted here and I half understand it. We...
  12. L

Those kits are 6 weeks out. I guess the strips will give me a general idea and I can just assume it's worse than the strip provides? Looks like I'm likely going with fleck 5600xt 1.5 cut, 10% resin if I don't go the cabinet route. Can you tell me what problems may arise not having the EXACT...
  13. L

Hey thanks I'm going to buy a test kit today and test the hardness myself. So cabinet softener may be in play for 5 years and gone. The ONE issue is if we get "stuck" here by the housing market tanking. I guess one could reevaluate at that time. In the whirlpool cabinet style I assume those are...
  14. L

Still learning after a few days.. How can I tell the cubic ft of the resin in any softener? Most don't state if they are 1cft/q.5/2.0cft etc..Is this apparent with the size of tank? Apparently this is the most important factor regarding efficiency, sizing and regeneration. Still learning on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks