Waterline underwall sweep for soft copper -

Users who are viewing this thread

JV Orion

Reaction score
Hello to all. First time signing on here because I could not find any good references for my topic anywhere.

I have a pvc house waterline from my meter that I want to swap to copper. (bought the house with it like this and I know even for the pvc it is incorrectly connected. Hence the upgrade.) Planing a new consumer valve to 1" type "L" soft for a continuous run to the next point of connection (about 50').

The Question: Would any of you pro's out there run a large radius pvc sweep to protect the copper when the wall gets concrete pour back to keep it protected? Thinking either a single 2 1/2" schedule 40 electrical sweep or doubling up (2) 45 degrees around the back side of the wall. As you can see this is not a nice clean retaining wall to get past and we want to do a full run of the soft soft copper up underneath

Much appreciated and condolences to the Terry Love family.

Attachments

• IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 10

JV Orion

Reaction score
Nevermind. Im doing it anyway. I also am upgrading the tubing to type "K" It will be a 3" 45 degree sweep. Pipe will also be sleeved, loaded up with 10 mil tape and foam also then surrounded by concrete. It will outlast me.

Side note. The concrete used to build this wall is ridiculously strong for being 90 years old. Current progress attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4740.jpg
    IMG_4740.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 5

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Type k should give long service! Im a copper guy so I wont talk you out of it . Im also ok with pvc copper i rarely used on a private residence a few times since the mid 1980s. use the poly sleeve . Not that I think it matters but code is specific on certain items of sleeving And I belive an electrical sweep cant be used to sleeve potable water just suggest you check that Im not 100 percent sure , and of cource only in Ca if pex is used underground sleeving is mandatory