Help with sewer line repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Gearhead22

Reaction score
We bought our house a few years back. I was aware of this mess but hadn’t caused any issues yet so I let it go.

We have our 2 main sewer lines from the house coming into a tee, with the 3rd connection being the line that goes through the foundation and to the septic tank. The lines coming into the tee are 3”, one is pvc and the other is abs. The line going through the foundation and outside is 4” abs. The previous owner used a 3” Fernco tee to join the 2 3” pipes and then proceeded to use a small piece of 3” pvc for the third connection and shoved it in the 4” abs and used some type of silicone and tape to “seal” it. Of course, over time this started to drip. I’m trying to determine the best route to fix this. It’s in a tight spot and I don’t have room to cut any of the pipes other than the one 3” pvc coming from above as they’re just barely poking out of the foundation. I’ve attached photos. The lower pipe is my issue. There is a tee there and a pipe running through the wall to the right/behind the pvc pipe. You can’t see it at the angle i took the photo. The second photo is with everything disconnected and the pvc 3” pipe laying on top of the other pipe temporarily. Any help is appreciated. I can’t figure out how to connect all this together while retaining a Fernco for access if needed. My thoughts were:

1.) 4” Fernco tee with reducers to get to the 3” pipes and a small section of 4” abs to connect to the existing pipe going through the foundation and outside. But I won’t be able to get all of this in there and bottom out the connections properly for a good seal.

2.) keep the existing 3” Fernco tee and use a reducer that’s 4” OD on one end for the 4” connection going outside, and 3” on the other side to connect to the tee. Same issue with not being able to bottom the connections out because there’s no way to get all the pieces in there.

Attachments

• IMG_5633.jpeg
    IMG_5633.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 77
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks