RO and Permeate Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Taylorjm

Reaction score
So I'm going to add a permeate pump to my undersink RO system. My incoming water pressure is a well with a 40/60psi switch, so my incoming water pressure will be somewhere between that 40-60psi. I'm feeding the RO system into 2 undersink tanks. One 3 gallon and one 6 gallon.

Question is, when I install the permeate pump, I'm going to remove the aso valve and let the permeate pump regulate the pressure. I've read about the drawbacks and I'm fine with that setup. So this way, my RO tanks should fill up to the same pressure as the incoming water pressure. Do I change the pressure in the RO storage tanks because they will be at a higher pressure now? I know with a well pressure tank, it's charged at 2psi below the cutoff, but can't find what the RO tank with a permeate pump and no aso valve should be charged at. I'm concerned that as the tanks drain, the output flow will decrease to a trickle. If I remember right, they are charged at 7psi right now, but the aso valve is decreasing the tank pressure to probably about the 20-30psi range. I was thinking of going to 10psi after installing the permeate pump, but have nothing to back up that number.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks