Entire Home Filter W/ RO System Confirmation

Users who are viewing this thread

nizoo

Reaction score
Hello everyone; first time poster, long time lurker; I did the plumbing to my whole home on my own with help of online resources, especially this great forum!

I have previously installed an undercounter RO System from ExpressWater; the family loved the water quality however we then moved to what we think will be our forever home; therefore I decided to look for an entire home filtration system with an RO system included, obviously I didn't find one and decided to do some of my own research thinking, I can probably get something done myself cheaper than buying an entire home filter system and then adding yet another RO system where water would be filtered twice and I would have twice the amount of filters to change, etc...

Long story short, I tend to always overdo things and one thing lead to another after many days of researching and contemplating on all the different options out there and this is what I have come up with so far, I already purchased most of the items and will most likely be putting it together next weekend as I am still waiting on a couple of parts to arrive;

Can you please review my diagram and let me know if I missed anything and where I went wrong if I did? I am filtering City Water, and no I did not do a water study but we have babies and we noticed skin rash whenever the kids shower so we wanted to simply filter as much as possible and also get RO Water in the home;

Materials:
Filter Housing: Pentek Big Blue 20"
Filters : From Express Water "GAC is from Pentek as delivery times were too long for Express Water variants)
SpinDown : iSpring
RO: Huining 3012-500GPD form Amazon (I am a bit worried as to why I picked 500GPD, while Permeate is rated for 10-100GPD *They were picked at two different times*)

EDIT#1:
RO: HUINING Reverse Osmosis Membrane Water Filter (100GPD Set) -> Decided to go with this instead as I did some more digging and the 500GPD would fit for different application where a tank wouldn't be necessary, I am more interested in better rejection rate of 98.5% on the 100GPD vs 95% on 500GPD not to mention the Permeate pump is rated at a maximum of 100GPD.

My apologies about the drawing if it isn't clear, I did it quickly in paint, let me know if anything needs to be clarified.
A direct link to a better quality of the image as the forum here seems to reduce the size of the image making it illegible
https://ibb.co/2MR6Hxp

Attachments

• Filteration System.png
    Filteration System.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks