Integrating a Flush Valve and Permeate Pump into APEC RO System for Enhanced Efficiency

Users who are viewing this thread

Leanman82

Reaction score
I've recently installed an APEC RO system and am in the process of adding a few key components for improved efficiency and maintenance. I'd appreciate your insights on the following:

1. Leak Detector Integration: I've added a leak detector to the system. While it's a straightforward addition, I'm curious about its commonality and effectiveness in modern RO setups. Is this a standard practice or somewhat redundant with newer systems?

2. Flush Valve and Permeate Pump: The core of my query revolves around the integration of a Flush Valve and a Permeate Pump. Here's where I need your expertise:
- Flush Valve: This is intended to bypass the flow restrictor on the waste water side for periodic membrane maintenance. How can I optimally integrate it into my existing system?
- Permeate Pump: I understand its role in enhancing water pressure and reducing waste water. I'm almost certain about its installation, but would welcome a second opinion to catch any potential oversights.
- Flow Restrictors: My system already has a flow restrictor. Should I adjust or remove it when adding these components? I'm aiming for an optimal balance for efficient filtration.

3. Future Plans: As part of future upgrades, I'm considering adding a valve to switch between RO or pH water to the drinking line.

I can provide images of my setup. The following is a basic block diagram of how I want to install the the permeate pump and flush valve. Insights, especially from those familiar with APEC systems or similar RO setups, would be invaluable.

1710662136687.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks