RO: What is the need for an ASV and/or flow restrictor for small RO systems?

Users who are viewing this thread

meredog

Reaction score
Hi,

New member here. I live in Florida, on well water, where the TDS coming into the house is about 700 ppm. So all water related to human and pet cooking and drinking is RO. I have an undersink 4 gal storage tank system and a backup 20 gal storage tank system. I have been studying up on ASVs and flow restrictors, and I wonder if I should be using them? The original under sink system has both, but has always been a little problematic, and low flow and output (for a 4 gal tank). I installed the 2nd 20 gal system, and it runs like a well oiled machine without both ASL and flow restrictor, and it has a permeate pump. I test the TDS and maintain the filters properly on both systems. I am replumbing the undersink system so that it will be more easy to maintain without crawling into the cabinet, and plan to remove both the ASL and flow restictor. Is this a bad idea? I don't think I need either. Max pressure coming from the well is 40-60 psi. It goes through a sulfur aeration tank and water softener. I do not seem to have a 'won't stop draining' problem with either system.

I appreciate all advice!
Thank you,
Carolyn

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks