Repcal Presto shower head and ball joint adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

DavePA

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate an adapter for an old ball joint shower arm and am hoping some of the pros here have seen this one before. The existing shower head is stamped:
REPCAL PRESTO
Patent Nos 2156800, 2423160​

I've bought the three American Standard, Gerber, and Price Pfister ball joint adapters already. The closest fit is the Gerber adapter - it's the same diameter as the shower emitter head but the threads are just a tad too high and it won't screw into the socket.

Is anyone aware of another adapter or replacement part for this fixture?

Many thanks in advance

MikeMSTL

Reaction score
Were you able to find a way to adapt it by chance? I have the same arm and the plumber tells me it's soldered so I would have to tear the wall apart to replace the arm.

I'm trying to locate an adapter for an old ball joint shower arm and am hoping some of the pros here have seen this one before. The existing shower head is stamped:
REPCAL PRESTO
Patent Nos 2156800, 2423160​

I've bought the three American Standard, Gerber, and Price Pfister ball joint adapters already. The closest fit is the Gerber adapter - it's the same diameter as the shower emitter head but the threads are just a tad too high and it won't screw into the socket.

Is anyone aware of another adapter or replacement part for this fixture?

Many thanks in advance

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There have NEVER been "soldered" shower arms. How could they do it when the arm is installed AFTER the walls are finished. Unscrew it and install a new one, AFTER you get rid of that incompetent plumber.

shower-arm-terrylove-01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks