NEED ADVICE ON BUILDING MY NEW WELL HOUSE

Users who are viewing this thread

travish

Reaction score
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2 ACRE PARCEL IN NORTHERN WASHINGTON STATE. PRIOR TO BUYING I DID MY DUE DILIGENCE AND TESTED SEPTIC AND WATER...THE WELL IS A SHALLOW WELL THAT PRODUCES 4GPM WITH A 12FT STATIC LEVEL WITH 1 FT DRAWDOWN AFTER 1 HOUR.....IT HAS A BUNCH OF JIMMY RIGGED WIRING (EXTENSION CORD) A LEAKY CRAFTSMAN 3/4 HORSE JET PUMP (SMALL DRIPS occasionally) A 37 GALLON PRESSURE TANK AND THATS IT IM CURRENTLY HOOKED UP TO THE SOLE HOSE BIB WITH A GARDEN HOSE LIVING IN A TRAVEL TRAILER ON THE PROPERTY ......(THE WATER PRESSURE IN MY TAVEL TRAILER IS GOOD FOR SHOWERS BUT WHEN SINKS TURNED ON IT ROBS ALL THE PRESSURE...IM CLOSE TO FINISHED ON MY 2300 3 BEDROOM 3 BATH HOME AND JUST LAID THE 1 INCH POLY UNDER GROUND AND AM RUNNING A HEATER AND NEW POWER TO WELL HOUSE FOR PROPER SUPPLY. MY PLAN IS TO DIY A NEW PUMP PRESSURE TANK ( NEWER AND BIGGER IM THINKING) AND LOOKING INTO THESE WATERWORKS DIGITAL PRESSURE CONTROL SWITCH SO I CAN MIMIC CITY WATER OR ATLEAST HAVE GOOD PRESSURE.....IM ATTEMPTING NOT TO REBUILD ENTIRE PUMP HOUSE HOWEVER IF I HAVE TO I WILL.....WHAT DO I NEED STORAGE TANK? WILL BIGGER PRESSURE TANK AND NEW PUMP WORK I SEE A KINK IN THE HOSE OF TANK COULD THAT ATTRIBUTE TO IT WHATS THE BEST RECOMMENDATION ALL HELP APPRECIATED.....NEW BUILD HAS LOTS OF SHOWER IN MASTER NOT TO MENTOON I HAVE A HOUSEHOLD OF 6 NEW BUILD IS ABOUT 80 FEET AWAY FROM WELL

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy, but reading all caps is both fatiguing and difficult. I read about a quarter way through and gave up.

John

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Go to https://cyclestopvalves.com/ Lots of good information, you'll get steady pressure and increase the life of the pump motor.

For a new pump, 240 volt is better than one at 120v. Some 1-HP can be wired either way. 240 volt the pump runs more efficient and cooler.

Reach4

Reaction score
For a well house that will have a heater, I would put a subpanel in there. Then you could also power lights, and outlets for use in the pump house and in the yard.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With two pipes going down the well that is a Deep Well Jet Pump. You didn't say, but looks like 5"-6" well casing. If that is the case a submersible would be a much better option. I don't think 4 GPM is enough to do what you are wanting. But with the static at 12', if the well is deep enough, you may have enough storage in the well to not be limited to the 4 GPM for short periods. If not, a cistern storage tank is the best option.

No matter how you pump it, submersible or jet pump, cistern or not, the standard pressure tank/pressure switch controls like you have now is not far from the best way to go. You don't need a larger pressure tank or any fancy electronic controls. All you need to do is add a Cycle Stop Valve to get the constant pressure that makes your water system reliable and stronger than any city water supply.

If you know the depth and diameter of the well it will help you decide between submersible or jet, and cistern or not. But here are some drawings of how to easily DIY a set up with the well as the only source of water and/or using the well to fill a cistern. There are lots of different options available. The PK1A kit is all you need to control either type pump in the well or in the cistern.
PK1A Deep well jet two pipes.jpg

PK1A submersible well seal.jpg

Well feeding cistern with sub booster.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks