Users who are viewing this thread

mg22707

Reaction score
New home owner here! Had a line crack while changing the faucet, my first instinct was to run down to the basement to shut the water off. Of course I was in a panic and shut off the valve coming into the house to the pressure tank (well water here) and then the valve coming out of the tank. Everything stop spraying so I assumed it was fine. (DONT JUDGE IM A NEWBIE) the following day I fixed the pipe and turned everything back on. No leaks, but low pressure. The gauge wasn’t even hitting over 20. I figured it just needed time to build up. That night I noticed that water was steady flooding my garage (not attached, not by the house, and not even by the well cap…I’ll include pics) I noticed that right by the garage is a hand pump well that was now making air sounds that never did before (I didn’t even know it worked) in my panic to run and call a 24/7 plumber I went back to the basement to shut the water off again. The first valve I turned. DUH I had left the check valve opened the ENTIRE TIME. Once I turned it off pressure went right up to 40, water stopped in the garage and everything seems fine.

Did I do any damage? Or is it too soon to tell? Also what made it come from the hand pump and not by the well cap? The hand pump is far away from it and even up hill…any advice??
(Hand pump is right on side of front of garage)

mg22707

Reaction score
IMG_6733.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks