Is a Grohe rough in box needed or just the PBV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jechow

Reaction score
I would like to install a new shower fixture. Do I need to purchase both the Groflex universal rough-in box (35026000) and Grohsafe PBV (3501500)? I planning to install the Parkfield shower (3503900) which I assume comes with neither of the above.

Thanks
Jason

Jechow

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I don't see any need for the rough-in box as long as you are using ridged pipe (not PEX) so you can properly support and position the valve. What do the installation instructions say?
Disclaimer: I'm not a professional plumber and I have not used that Grohsafe product.

Jechow

Reaction score
I was thinking the same after taking a look at the setup I am looking to replace. I haven't purchased the PBV yet so I don't know. Thanks again.

DougB

Reaction score
It doesn't look like you need the rough-in box.

The Grohe thermostatic shower valve that I purchased needed one. Valves that use the rough-in box have no pipe connections. They are connected to the 'base plate' in the back of the box.

The nice thing about the rough-in box - is that you can completely waterproof it, and you can replace the entire valve body without disturbing the tile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks