Installed (2) 1665 carbon tanks and a 1665 TAC tank on a well, now no pressure after 2 days of use......

Users who are viewing this thread

Hyrepower

Reaction score
I installed 2 x 1665 carbon tanks and a 1665 TAC tank for a very large application on well water. It worked fine for a couple days, then pressure has decreased to virtually nothing. When I put the system into bypass, pressure returns to normal.
The carbon tanks are down flow and the TAC tank is up flow using 2" Clack brass valves, so we should be getting plenty of flow capacity. The only thing I can think of is that one of the carbon tanks is restricting flow at the bottom of the distributor, but we used 40 lbs of gravel as a base layer, or the up flow TAC tank is clogging at the top distributor.

This system uses a grundfos pump with a pressure tank, if that matters.

Anyone with experience have any thoughts on where to start looking?

Reach4

Reaction score
TAC to me means that somebody sold you something that is not going to work. There is no measurement that can be done to distinguish the water before and after. Or maybe TAC means something else to you.

Are you saying that your carbon tanks don't get backwashed? Or do they get backwashed? It takes a lot of gpm to backwash a 16 inch tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks