Softner/Carbon Recommendation for home of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

m396 #00-011

Reaction score
Hello all,

New here after lurking for a minute looking for information.

I'm looking for a water softner recommendation for our new to us home. I had the local rural water association run a water test from a sample at home.
Full test is attached below, some highlights.
Total Hardness 114mg/L
Total Chlorine 1.11mg/L
Ammonia .5mg/L
Magnesium 28mg/L
Total Iron .007 mg/L
TDS 171.5mg/L

A water treatment supply house made some recommendations to me, but won't sell me a unit as they are not local. I've bought a di system (car wash spot free) and house filter from them in the past. They recommended an AutoTrol 268/760 valve 32000-48000 unit. I've read about the virtues of 10% resin to deal with my high chlorine level, and active carbon filter. We are a house of three and use around 60000gal/year, so 165gal/day. I am currently installing a Navien combi unit in the house, and have wanted a softner for sometime. The whole house filter is a 20" BigBlue 50/5 micron filter with pressure guages to monitor. I've been looking at the specifications on the AutoTrol 268/760 valve. Seems like 32k is large enough, but maybe the 48k unit for higher throughput/flow demand when 2 showers are running? Suggestions?

Thanks, Jason

Attachments

• Water Test.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Autotrol 740_760 Control 255 & Performa Manual (268, 268 FA).pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 28
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks