1 Well 2 houses 2 Pressure tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

baker201920

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of building a new home behind my current residence, and I'm exploring options for the water supply system. Currently, I have a well connected to a pressure tank outside my existing home.

With the new construction, I'm contemplating using one pump to supply water to both properties by installing two pressure tanks, one for each dwelling. Each tank would have its own pressure switch.

I'm wondering about the practicality and potential challenges of this setup. Any insights or experiences with similar configurations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your input!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah well, you only want one pressure switch and one pressure tank. If you need to split up the electric bill use a water meter and charge the other house accordingly. The biggest problem with one pump feeding more than one house it the extra cycling on/off of the pump. Most likely just adding a Cycle Stop Valve to what you have now is all that is needed for both houses to have strong constant pressure as needed.

baker201920

Reaction score
Yeah well, you only want one pressure switch and one pressure tank. If you need to split up the electric bill use a water meter and charge the other house accordingly. The biggest problem with one pump feeding more than one house it the extra cycling on/off of the pump. Most likely just adding a Cycle Stop Valve to what you have now is all that is needed for both houses to have strong constant pressure as needed.

Thank you for the information.

My only concern is the distance from my pressure tank to my new home will be quite far due to that fact that it is the opposite direction from my well then, my current home.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The water comes from the well, after the little pressure tank dumps a a gallon or two. Just need the CSV installed prior to the tee to the other house.
CSV1A with 20 gallon tank and 5 houses.png

CSV1A hydrant at well 20 gallon tank with 6 houses.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks