Stainless Sink installation question

Users who are viewing this thread

Reg

Reaction score
Should I remove the two braces at the top of this sinkbase or just cut holes at the clip locations with a holesaw to install the sink clips? I suspect they are only there to keep the cabinet square before installing and/or to screw the countertop to.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Sink (Large).jpg
    Sink (Large).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 262

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Who installed the cabinets and countertop¿ Hard to believe that the worker who installed them is not available as an advisor to what should be done with them.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Who installed the cabinets and countertop¿ Hard to believe that the worker who installed them is not available as an advisor to what should be done with them.

Looks like big box store cabinet and countertop.

Sorry OP, no help to your original question.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I let the GC make the call on those. Happens all the time with Box store sink bases that are too small to fit the sink.

Reg

Reaction score
Actually the cabinets and countertop are not from big-box store. The sink fits fine, the side rails are just in the way when installing the clips. No big deal, I'll just cut them out or cut 2" holes at the clip locations. I just figured some of you had seen this situation previously.

Reg

Reaction score
Happens all the time with Box store sink bases that are too small to fit the sink.

Actually, sink bases are the least expensive cabinets (no drawers - just a box). The lower-end cabinet installations usually have an oversized (42"-48") sink base at the expense of more expensive and more usable cabinets. There is no need to go larger than 36" on a sink base for standard 33" sinks.

They would also position and support an undermount sink if you used a granite top.

Good point.

Thanks everyone.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
When you cut those bars out or drill them, you will find the clips are so close to the cabinet side that getting to them in there is almost impossible.

If you can remove the counter top, it may be easier to install the sink with the top out of place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks