Well pump losing flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 4" pump (mod SM-3-22) in a 60 meter well.
The water outlet on the pump is 4 cm diameter and there is 4cm pipe from the pump to the well surface. Then there is 2cm (or 2,5 cm ?) pipe from the well to the house.
The pump specifications: L/H 2400 - 600; max lift - 105 meters; RPM - 2850; CV - 1,00 (736 watts).
The issue is that there is a noticeable slowing down of water entering the attic gravity tank. (I do also have a tee joint at the well (with a manual open / close valve) for watering some trees in the garden while simultaneously filling the attic tank.
What do you think may be wrong? Should I take the pump out to inspect for possible semi-blocked water inlet? Is there a way to dismantle the pump for cleaning? I do get some fine silt type sediment in the attic tank.
The pump was installed about 13 years ago, *but* the house has not always been occupied, so I estimate that the pump has accumulated around 4 to 5 years of normal use.
Thanks

Last edited:

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Actually, it seems to be ok. I think it may have been because the trees were getting more water, so the attic tank, less. Probably adjusting the valve to the trees to the optimal position is the solution. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks