Weil McLain HE II-5 Gas Boiler with Indirect Water Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

hags428

Reaction score
Hello. I was recently over a friends house and he has a Weil HE II gas boiler with a indirect gas water heater that is used for a two zone hot water baseboard and for his domestic water as well. The aqua stat is set to 180 and the water at the sinks, bath, etc is way too hot. Is the best way to have to domestic power temp by installing a thermostatic mixing valve? I attached some pictures. Again if it was me I would just turn the cold up a little in the shower. I don't want him lowering the temp on the boiler and causing damage. The boiler was manufactured in 1996. I have a tankless water heater and a force hot air propane furnace. I am just trying understand the concept of the design and what's the best way to get the domestic water lower

Attachments

• 149056.jpeg
    149056.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 149057.jpeg
    149057.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 149055.jpeg
    149055.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 36

Fitter30

Reaction score
See that there's a pump behind the boiler. Need to look at the wiring of the pump should be a thermostat on the tank also there might be a controller for the zone valves or pumps with priority for hot water tank.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
How are the zones controlled? It could be a zone valve stuck or an aquastat stuck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks