Water meter not showing usage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomdude

Half Fast Handyman
Reaction score
My well water is polluted with carcinogens from a local factory. I installed a whole house carbon filtration system to remove the toxins. I installed a residential water meter between the well pump tank and carbon filters to monitor usage. The water meter used to show about 100 gallons per day of usage. All of a sudden, the meter quit showing any usage. The flow indicators still spin, but the dials do not register usage.

The meter was new in box 9 months ago. It is a model S130 made by Elster. Is it time for a new meter already or could I back flush it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• 2972CCBF-3959-424E-A6B6-7D947CD5CF94.jpeg
    2972CCBF-3959-424E-A6B6-7D947CD5CF94.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes replace it especialy if its warranty , other wise build a jumper and try tinkering with it. Id want a new one unless its easier and cheaper to fix.

Tomdude

Half Fast Handyman
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Mr. Young. The meter was bought brand new from Ebay for about $40, so no warranty. I guess the internal gears may have a bad spot. It turns over well for awhile and then locks up. Time for a new one :)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
brand new on ebay for 40 bucks says a lot and no warranty says even more sorry but you bought junk I think you should push a little harder for replacement free of charge

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks