Water between the tub insert and tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

LJJ

Reaction score
Hello, I keep getting water between my tub liner and the tub underneath. If I removed the drain shoe and pry a screw driver between the liner and the tub, water runs out and drains down the drain pipe. Nothing is leaking below the tub on the ceiling on the first floor. I have resealed the drain shoe with new putty every time I’ve had to drain it, I’ve filled the tub and left it for a day to see if the water level went down and nothing. HOW IS THE WATER GETTING BETWEEN THE LINER AND THE ORIGINAL TUB???

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A motel had all its tubs relined, and after about a year half of them felt like you were waling on a water bed. The only way I could see for the water to get in was where the liner met the walls and shower water was seeping in.

Reactions: LJJ

LJJ

Reaction score
A motel had all its tubs relined, and after about a year half of them felt like you were waling on a water bed. The only way I could see for the water to get in was where the liner met the walls and shower water was seeping in.
Thank you for your reply. I should have said, I did a very thorough calling around the top edge, around the faucet and the top of the overflow cover. Could it be from behind the wall plumbing and running down between? After I drain it, it only takes about three showers before it feels like a substantial amount of water under my feet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks