Vintage Sunbeam Gravity Furnace parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

ElHead

Reaction score
My 100 year old furnace started bumping this year. I think I see why. Is there any chance I can find parts or a person to repair it till I can afford a new heater?

Attachments

• B94D6EA1-0C09-48AB-B40A-1AA9BE5105AE.jpeg
    B94D6EA1-0C09-48AB-B40A-1AA9BE5105AE.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 144
  • 4D8AEE2A-4176-45DD-A5C7-5CE36A5B0234.jpeg
    4D8AEE2A-4176-45DD-A5C7-5CE36A5B0234.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 182

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
That is one beautiful assemblage of a burner.
No parts for that in my shop, and I guarantee you have no chance of finding it or fixing it.
That thing is about 60% AFUE. Buy a 96% AFUE condensing model and you will save plenty.
Or if you go photovoltaic, install a heat pump system for a better payoff if you live long enough.

Fitter30

Reaction score
What do you mean bumbing cycling on and off? Take a picture of the gas valve looking for the wire coming from the pilot assembly. If it goes to a control first take a pic of it. 30% efficiency at best. Probably has a 8 -10" flue. All the duct runs covered with asbestos sheets look like thin grey cardboard. Doubt anybody would touch it to much liability. New system would include all new duct work, asbestos abatement and a flue liner unless going for a 90%+ furnace which uses pvc out the side of the foundation.

Last edited:

ElHead

Reaction score
It’s dead, Jim.

But thanks for the advice. Several of the burner heads are too warped and as seen one of the fins snapped off with hardly any effort.

Medusa gave us and a couple generations of families many years of warmth and protection. RIP

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks