Utility sink/water softener discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

crtbilly

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to move a utility sink in my basement to a new location. Attached is the picture of the pipe i would tie into. It currently services a kitchen sink and a dishwasher and is vented at the sink to the roof. I was planning on using an AAV but not 100% sure it is necessary if i do like the image below.

Should i also put a cleanout in this line or is that also unnecessary.

upload_sink.jpg

1694452479928.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Non-Baltimore MD is IPC. Yes, you need an AAV for this project. Will you also be adding a standpipe, or just have the laundry sink?

I don't know if a cleanout is required, but it will be a good idea.

crtbilly

Reaction score
Thanks Reach! I really appreciate you taking the time.

I do plan on adding a standpipe. I have a water softener and a condensation pipe from a hot water heater. Was gonna do it just like its picture above plus the AAV.

oh, not sure if you saw in my drawing the red line i drew? Sorry for the horrible picture. That was supposed to be a vent stack, but i guess it would have to run all the way back to the main vent?

So if I run the AVV, I don't have to worry any other venting.

1694477643059.png

Reach4

Reaction score
I saw the red line, but it is not what you are going to do. To run a vent from above, you would have to tap in 6 inches above the flood level of fixtures in the kitchen.

Instead you will run an AAV. There are two 2-inch santees-- one on its back below the AAV.

Attachments

• img_1.png
    img_1.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 111

Reach4

Reaction score
Also, either santee can be a combo. I also did not put in a cleanout. That could be a wye above the drain fitting, or could be a 2-way cleanout, etc. The blockage under a kitchen usually happens below the basement floor, where the flow transitions from vertical to horizontal. A cleanout to let you run a snake there would be good.

crtbilly

Reaction score
Could I use something like this?
p417-338-3.jpg

3" PVC DWV Sanitary Tee w/ 2"Right Side Inlet​

plastic-nibco-pvc-fittings-c4816hd3-64_100.jpg

PVC DWV Spigot x FIPT Cleanout Adaptor with Plug​