Tool suggestion for motor end shafts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rslaback

Reaction score
I find myself every now and then trying to hold the end of a motor shaft from spinning as I try to turn off a threaded pulley or impeller. Even my biggest screwdriver slips off half of them and makes a mess. It seems like there should be a commercial tool available for this, something like a 9/16" wide by 3/32" thick flat screwdriver socket, to engage with that slot and maybe even allow me drive it with a 3/8 impact gun but I have never heard or seen one.

Has anyone had better luck than me?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Just using an impact wrench will spin the nut and very little on the shaft. Pool pumps is just an impeller, I've done a few just using my hand around the impeller and yes a screw driver or so to hold the shaft.

Rslaback

Reaction score
On something like a Red Lion jet pump there is no nut. The impeller has a captured brass insert molded into the back of the resin impeller.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks