Toilet rough in 7”

Users who are viewing this thread

Notaplumber69

Reaction score
My toilet flange was set for a 10” rough. When the concrete crew cane to pour they said my flange was “off” so they had to push it down. In doing so they moved it back 3 inches. I just got back and my floor is poured and tile is set with wall tile scheduled for Friday. Is there a toilet out there that will fit a 7” rough or do i need to jackhammer the floor put again and reschedule tile?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would get the floor open and ensure the flange is set at 12" from the finished wall.

I did provide a link to a duravit toilet on the other thread you replied to but if you have the option of getting a standard toilet rough in vs gerry-rigging a very expensive toilet.. I'd go with the rough in.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Reschedule tile, fix the rough in, and back charge the concrete contractor as they should not be touching or adjusting the plumbing. Did your plumber know this happened?

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
My toilet flange was set for a 10” rough. When the concrete crew cane to pour they said my flange was “off” so they had to push it down. In doing so they moved it back 3 inches. I just got back and my floor is poured and tile is set with wall tile scheduled for Friday. Is there a toilet out there that will fit a 7” rough or do i need to jackhammer the floor put again and reschedule tile?
OMG! F*CK!!! THEY DID WHAT!
they PUSHED IT DOWN (like they pushed it down how? enough that you lost grade or did it just kinda snap off? You went from a 10" rough to a 7" rough. That doesn't sound right. that sounds like damage to me.

They're going to have to get back over there and tear that floor up. I don't know who you hired for your floor, but I would be VERY CONCERNED that they are so green that they made such a basic f*cktard mistake.

At the very least, every flooring guy out here knows... you don't touch the freakin’ plumbing. You don't move it. you don't push it. You don't even look at it funny. You treat the plumbing like gold because IF YOU "Gosh darn golly" THE PLUMBING = YOU LOSE EVERY DIME OF PROFIT on that job. I hope they stand by their work and come back to make it right. and I sure as shit hope you haven't paid them yet. The word STUPID and WTF is the first thing that comes to mind.

No. 7" rough doesn't exist. They really fucked you on this one. Once they get the floor up... get someone with a sewer camera out there to inspect the pipe. Make sure they didn't do any serious damage when they PUSHED THE PIPE DOWN. if the inspection looks good, good grade, no breakage... as long as you have access to the pipe, cut it and rough the new flange at 12" (12-1/2" from the studs to the center of the flange. Measure side-to-side and make sure you have 15" clearance on both sides of the flange. on the wall side, we want 15-1/2" off the stud wall. Make sure you have 24" of clear space in front of the toilet for your knee-space. Take measurement (and document with your camera) the exact measurements and let them know - if you have to tear up that floor again, you're going to bury them underneath that slab and keep their severed head as a f*cking souvenir.

FML. And they wonder why plumbers are always angry and hostile towards other trades.